Boss owes $2950 and I'm having trouble getting it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joewolf

My former boss owes me $2950 over a period of about 4 months. He owed mroe, but was paying on it little by little and not I am having problems getting any of it at all. The only problem is that I was being paid in cash, so there are no documents to prove it. I am thinking about taking him to small claims to get it. I have texts and conversations that show he owes me the money and also a few former employees of his that had a hard time getting their pay and one even had a check bounce. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to take it to small claims if I can't resolve it with him? Also I was wondering if the former employees would be good witnesses to use to show that he has had problems paying in the past? Thanks for any help!! Also we both live in Texas.

No, I havn't. I guess I should. I talked to him today and he told me that if I brought him to small claims court he would just file bankruptcy and i woulnd't be able to get anything....is this true?

File small claims anyway-- the bankruptcy courts is not going to allow him to file a chapter 7 over 3k$ unless he is broker then broke-- if anything he will have to file a chapter 13 and you can file a claim to get some of your money back-- Don't take his treats to file bankruptcy change your mind on getting paid. File the small claims case and get a judgment then garnish his bank account

Notify him in writing to pay you or you will notify the Texas Workforce Commission. Also inform him you will forward the letter on to the IRS for non payment of workers withholdings tax. This should scare him into paying as there is no hiding form this tax. The IRS will extract a kidney from his first born in order get paid. Also you should be at the top of the list for payment in a 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back