Being Ran Over By the State

AnE0809

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
There was a phone call made to the hotline, maybe anonusmly, but my husband and I know who made the call. The call stated we neglected our child and let her do whatever which is not true. She has stayed with my mother off and on this year because my father passed and I did need time to deal, but my mother offered to keep her. She wanted to help, her words, so it being family yes I took her up on the offer. Our daughter makes straight A's in school, has never been in any trouble. My husband and I coach in the youth soccer league in our town for the past 4 years and the softball league. Refused to take drug screen for CPS because we felt the whole thing was unnecessary. Cps worker wanted to set a court date and meet with our and finally 6 days later she shows up to interview our child. Never removed her from our home or our custody. We've been planning on moving out of state for 3 weeks, we've been getting everything set up and all this happens. My mother doesn't like the fact that we are leaving the county let alone the State. So she had petition/warrant signed by a judge and had us served to not leave the county and had all this done within hours. My step father (been in my life over 15 years) his daughter works for the Sheriff dept and she's married to the Sheriff in our town and he's big buddies with the judge that signed the petition/warrant. I feel like all this is unnecessary and is there anything I can do?

There was a phone call made to the hotline, maybe anonusmly, but my husband and I know who made the call. The call stated we neglected our child and let her do whatever which is not true. She has stayed with my mother off and on this year because my father passed and I did need time to deal, but my mother offered to keep her. She wanted to help, her words, so it being family yes I took her up on the offer. Our daughter makes straight A's in school, has never been in any trouble. My husband and I coach in the youth soccer league in our town for the past 4 years and the softball league. Refused to take drug screen for CPS because we felt the whole thing was unnecessary. Cps worker wanted to set a court date and meet with our and finally 6 days later she shows up to interview our child. Never removed her from our home or our custody. We've been planning on moving out of state for 3 weeks, we've been getting everything set up and all this happens. My mother doesn't like the fact that we are leaving the county let alone the State. So she had petition/warrant signed by a judge and had us served to not leave the county and had all this done within hours. My step father (been in my life over 15 years) his daughter works for the Sheriff dept and she's married to the Sheriff in our town and he's big buddies with the judge that signed the petition/warrant. I feel like all this is unnecessary and is there anything I can do?

You might start by admitting some painful truths to yourself.
Drug abuse destroys lives and families.
Help is available, because you can't run from the truth or its consequences.

You need to follow the petition/warrant signed by the judge.

Drugs will rake a family over coals... I hope you find help in dealing with your issues.

It isn't 100% clear what happened here. You felt unable to care for your daughter for close to a year and let your mother raise her. You are now planning to move out of state and "someone" reported to CPS that you were neglecting your child and or doing drugs. You did not cooperate with CPS. Your mother filed for temporary custody of your daughter in the mean time.

Your stepfather's in-law's friend has no bearing here. You need to contact a family law lawyer.

Back