Been getting harassed at work 4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlash22

I'm a cook working for a big company for close to 15 years. You see I have gum disease and lost some of my teeth. The people who work closes with me know this and we interact just like normal. The waiters on the other hand have began calling out No T or other things within earshot but you know walking away or other side of the kitchen looking the other way. It's beginning to take a toll, told my supervisor about what's going on she talks to a few people it stops for a day or two but starts up again. Talked to her again this time u know letting her know someones going to get f**ked up if it does not stop. Now I guess what I would want to know is if I'm unable to get these people to back off what would be my next step. Don't have confidence that my employers can get these people to stop. And I don't want to transfer , And it's beginning to feel like I may have to walk away.

You work with a bunch of juvenile bullies but nothing you have described constitutes illegal harassment.

If your supervisor does not take action that stops the behavior from those who continue calling you names, you can also take it to management but what I think you need to to is stand up for yourself and say that you have had enough and will not tolerate the name calling anymore!

If your supervisor does not take action that stops the behavior from those who continue calling you names, you can also take it to management but what I think you need to to is stand up for yourself and say that you have had enough and will not tolerate the name calling anymore!
Still need help with this issue, took your advice to get people to back off me and act professional. Also talked to My GM. His boss and employee relations. He says that being that no one can back up what I am saying about co-workers walking by saying no-T or other disturbing things to get me upset that there is nothing he can do. My problem is is now being that I shouted at some of these people at work. My employers think there is a problem with me. As I said I've been there 14 years. They have made this a hostel matter. I go to work ready to fight sometimes. And because management has taken this stance they are doing it more. Could use a hand.

I'm sorry, but this does not meet the legal definition of a hostile work environment and it is not a legal matter any more today than it was when you initially posted. This is an internal matter. The law is not going to force your co-workers to leave you alone or force your supervisors to take action.

Also talked to My GM. His boss and employee relations. He says that being that no one can back up what I am saying about co-workers walking by saying no-T or other disturbing things to get me upset that there is nothing he can do.
It looks like your problem now is credibility. Cbg is right regarding laws not existing to force your superiors to take action. Consider moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back