Background checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mary333

I had a misdemeanor that was expunged last year. When I apply for jobs that do background checks, what does it show? Do they check the DOJ and what does that show? Does it show the charge and then dismissed, or is it blank since it has been dismissed?

I had a misdemeanor that was expunged last year. When I apply for jobs that do background checks, what does it show? Do they check the DOJ and what does that show? Does it show the charge and then dismissed, or is it blank since it has been dismissed?

Some sites may find nothing, other sites may find everything, or derivations thereof.

Expunging a conviction doesn't remove it, it can hide it, but these days expungements usually make a person feel better.

Only a full pardon can remove the stain of any conviction and fully restore a person's rights!

It's hard to say what might show up. It can depend on the type of job applied for & the type & how thorough of a background check the employer does........ (not all background checks are the same)

Private employers cannot generally check state criminal offender records. if they do a fingerprint check it will be for disqualifying convictions, not for a printout of any criminal history.

However, court records are public records and if a private employer uses a data mining background service or does the search themselves, they might find out anything that has been to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back