Back Support because of Dissappearing Custodial Parent

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluelessdad65

I am the non custodial parent living in florida and my Child is in Washington State were the court order for child support from 2000. I was paying child support and then my ex moved with my daughter leaving no forwarding addresse. I received a letter from the state saying that they were cancelling the enforcement due to the fact that they could not send her the support checks, ande i had no idea were she was. Four Years later My paychecks start to get garnished again. I contacted DCS for washington state and they said that My ex was receiving state assistance and they were enforcing child support again. and they tacked on Over $13000 in back support they say I have to pay from those four years my wife disappeared. Monthly I pay $440, $368 goes to current support the remainder to back support. I know In washington that even though DCS may stop enforcing support The non-custodial parent still is responsible for it. But what about when the Custodial Parent vanishes. Should I be responsible for her hauling Ass and putting me in finiacial debt now. What can I do. Clueless dad65

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back