Back Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mom4

I have been receiving Unallocated Support for the past 31 months. This was to expire in March (after 28 months), but we have not had our court date as of yet. I was informed that I will owe my ex husband for the amount he has been over paying. This is about $6000 to date. How is this handled? Do I have to pay this all at once? The reason we have not been to court to set the new child support is because he filed a motion to remove our 2 children from their parochial school. This motion is still pending. We are hoping to resolve this at our next court date in July. I cannot afford to pay this in one lump sum. What are my options, if any?

I'm not sure if you're saying that $6000 is the amount he's overpaid, or the total amount he's paid since March.

If you're receiving $2000/month in unallocated support, I believe you will owe the difference between the $2000/month in unallocated support and the new monthly child support amount for March through July.

I am receiving $4000 a month and will go to approximately $2300. Do I have to pay this all at once? I hope not......
Thanks so much for your reply.

I am receiving $4000 a month and will go to approximately $2300. Do I have to pay this all at once? I hope not......
Thanks so much for your reply.

Repayment is open to negotiation.

If you have an amiable relationship with your "ex", you might receive some forbearance.

If not, maybe you can try and repair any rifts?

Otherwise, you better get ready to hear someone mention, OFFSET.

It could go something like this:

In other words, you owe me $4,600.

I owe you $2,300 a month, going forward.

Why can't I be allowed NOT to pay you for two months?

That way, we'll be "Even-Steven"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back