Baby in danger

Status
Not open for further replies.
@armyjudge-obviously the judge felt i had sufficient enough evidence...he granted me the NCO!
& do u really think im OVERTHINKING this:
***August 01, 2012 Chicago SunTimes-TODAY***
1 year old Iyonna Davis beat to death. Dads girlfriend held without bail
for the murder. Baby suffered injuries to EVERY PART of
her head & blood around her spinal cord which means she was
slammed against or struck with an object with abusive force!
Who do YOU suggest this childs mother should contact to get her DEAD DAUGHTER back? Because im sure if she even TRIED to protect her, she was just being an "angry EX" or just "OVERTHINKING" it, right?

CORRECTION
previous post for all, but directed at armyjudge in error. Actually directed at Proserpina who responded to the previous questions I asked armyjudge.

Well, there you have it, then.
You simply make several copies of that newspaper article, copy this entire thread (take it with you, too), and show it to the judge.
Presto, changeo, there you go!
The judge hands you that magical restraining order, and every evil beast alive reads it (because they all read), and your precious baby is safely protected, no harm will ever befall her.
You'll show that "other woman" by God, you'll show her!!!!

@armyjudge-obviously the judge felt i had sufficient enough evidence...he granted me the NCO!
& do u really think im OVERTHINKING this:
***August 01, 2012 Chicago SunTimes-TODAY***
1 year old Iyonna Davis beat to death. Dads girlfriend held without bail
for the murder. Baby suffered injuries to EVERY PART of
her head & blood around her spinal cord which means she was
slammed against or struck with an object with abusive force!
Who do YOU suggest this childs mother should contact to get her DEAD DAUGHTER back? Because im sure if she even TRIED to protect her, she was just being an "angry EX" or just "OVERTHINKING" it, right?

Did the ex show up to defend against the restraining order? If not then you got it by default, regardless of what your argument was.
Honestly, to me your reasoning seems off. I certainly understand your concern, but the circumstances in your case don't really justify the fears that you have.

In the end I suspect neither of you will have protective orders and you will just have to figure out how to get along as separated parents. If it were me I would be focusing on obtaining a visitation order that I was comfortable with rather than wasting time and energy on a protective order that I am unlikely to obtain, or keep.

WOW! I see now armyjudge that though you state that "every evil beast alive" reads, you've proven that you choose not to. You choose to make stereotypical assumptions. Where did you read that I was seeking a "magical restraining order" AGAIN, the NCO, I have! Im also pretty sure I mentioned that I have a SON, so I pray that "no harm will ever befall" HIM. If you are not going to read & comprehend before responding, please dont respond. Attempt to mislead someone else.
mightymoose if your response is genuine rather than sarcastic, it is appreciated, but again, I am not seeking a protective order. Yes the gf did show up & speak with the judge when the NCO was issued. She was as straight forward with the judge as she was with me. Initially when I was served, he was seeking visitation which I had no problem with. He would pick the baby up from daycare & drop him off at home. After he received papers regarding child support he decided he wants joint custody.

Well what exactly are you hoping to accomplish? It seems your main concern was keeping the new gf away from your child.

Does your protective order include the child or is it just for you?

If your question had more to do with money, if you don't qualify for waivers then you can get a loan or borrow from friends/family. You can also contact the family court to see what local resources are available.

Yes mightymoose you are correct, that is my main concern. The order includes ONLY the baby, not me. Im gonna have to find a way to pay the money, but I dont wanna waste money. If I pay it, go back & forth to court & the child rep still decides he should have joint custody, I end up in debt & my child still ends up in a dangerous situation. So its not so much as what I'm trying to accomplish, its more what I'm trying to avoid. In the past few days iv spoken to multiple attorneys who have gone over laws in my state that pretty much focus on my situation. But theyv said the same thing army judge said: the judge mustv been angry. Theyv all said she wasn't supposed to skip mediation. Theyv all said this shouldn't be happening unless we were married. But she did skip it & we weren't married & its all still happening. How can I control the emotions of a person I only speak to when she allows me to speak in her courtroom. I dont know where to find these laws that seem to help me but im still looking. But how is she being allowed to ignore these laws based on how she feels that day?!
Proserpina-im melodramatic a bit, but realistic much & of course nobody likes a realist! If its melodrama you are looking for, you should show up at that 1 year old girls funeral. Im sure the melodrama will be in rare form that day.

Honey, I lost a husband who was 31 when he died, and I lost a child before she turned 1. Don't tell me about funerals and realism - I LIVED it.

Don't assume that the posters here "don't know". Because you know when you assume? Yeap, you know the rest.

Now knock off the melodrama. You're not special, you're not unique. Leave out your emotions, and stick to basic facts. Then we can help you.

One other thing:

This is not a support board, it's not a venting board. There are hundreds of those out there and I thoroughly recommend you have a good Google.

Are we on the same page now? I do hope so.

You cannot prove that she's a danger.

That's your problem. You can't just walk into court requesting an NCO without any proof.

You are really overthinking this entire situation, to be honest.
No. We are far from the same page. You have yet to post ANYTHING helpful or FACT-BASED, only emotional & sarcastic!
Fact: you posted the above quote. Q: Where did you read that I WANT a NCO? Is this where you just jumped in & made a sarcastic remark? "Melodramatic much"-Is that a legal term iv never heard of, or was that emotional? Did you even read the entire thread? Seems as though if I were looking for a support group you would certainly need to meet me there. Do you actually have ANY LEGAL KNOWLEDGE? I am truly sorry for your losses, but those losses DO NOT give you the right to downplay anybody elses! So NO we are not on the same page...honey

Let make a suggestion. You are not going ot get what you seek, at least not here. The same issues are repeated over an dover by you and others. At this point its only bickering. If you want actual legal advice consult an Attorney not a website filled with volunteers who may or may not have law degrees and who may or may not practice the type of law your issue covers.

You have your restraining order that compels the girlfriend to stay away from the child.
You say the court has since ignored that order. Is the order still valid? When does it expire?
What has been done to attempt to enforce the order? How do you know for certain that she has been present in violation of the order?

As you go through the pending process you need to make sure that your concerns regarding her presence are addressed in any new visitation order.

Without an attorney I suspect you aren't going to find much more assistance than what the family court offers. If you don't qualify for the fee waivers then you will just have to dig deep and come up with the money. It isn't fair that you have to pay so much, but I'm sure you learned a long time ago that many things in life aren't fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back