awaiting ltd, ssd, work status ada

Status
Not open for further replies.

u565425

I have been on disability short term since june 14 - ended on dec 18 was only getting 660.00 a month but something - reasons for disability were ptsd, severe panic attacks, stress, anxiety and depression. Aetna denied my disabliity for ltd on Dec 6 stating I did not sign the release of all my medical documents , pharmacies, etc - I called them back and advissed them that the first sentance on that document stated i was not required to sign - I did send in medical cerification to satisfiy their 3 mnth pre-existing clausse that i had no treatment prior to when my medical coverage started - then they said well because all my disabilities were "mental" they do not have to pay ltd - I advised them to kindly look at the doctors paperwork as all were diagonosed by an internal medicine dr not a phscy - then last week told me they would send for expedited review and call me by last Friday - no one called - yesterday I spoke with attrneys and they said this was an erisa issue and that the insurance companies almost always denied ltd and that the case had been pre approved and they just brought me paperwork to sign - today, Aetna called me to ask me if I was going to appeal - I told them I did not know I had to appeal as the last conversation was that my paperwork was to be expedited and that as I did not feel they would do right by me it was now in hands of attny - I was not employed long enuf for fmla - initially they terminated me for job abandonment even though I was receiving std - then when I adv them they violated the ada they sent me re-instatement letter - my doctor has been extending my leave time by 1 -2 mnths since je 14 and each time I am notified that legal dept has approved continued ada -- but I am in a dilemma - I have to take medication - in order for me to get my medication, I need insurance - I now have no ck for them to take the ins out of - my husband has a good job but is now also in debt as he is paying the mortgage, two car payments, the phone, the cable, the groceries etc. I was taken out on disability primarily due to the stress factor - the job in question is Home Shopping Network and I assumed it would just be taking orders - turns out if you are on phone for over 340 seconds and you do not pass quality at 85 (they consider two in a row calls as an average) they will terminate you or as they put it "you can take your customer service skills elsewhere" - they put me on a final one week warning for termination at end of traiining and at that time the dr took me out on disability - he really does not want me to return because he says within a month he will be taking me out again...............I do not know what to do - it is a new year and I believe if he did take me out (I am not sure), would they not have to open a new short term case?? If I do not go back, I do not know how long they are going to keep approving me for ada - I started working there on Feb 22 and from then till now worked maybe 10 weeks total - there is also ssd paperwork pending but I am told that takes forever - seeing as attnys are now involved, do I have to stay unemployed - I was taken out on disability due to the call center environment stress - can I work maybe part time typing from home or something without getting in trouble?? Is the job required to keep me on ada if dr keeps providing documentation? A friend of mine says I can work but when they granted me my back disability they would dedct anything i earned doing something else.......does anyone know if this is true?

I have been on disability short term since june 14 - ended on dec 18 was only getting 660.00 a month but something - reasons for disability were ptsd, severe panic attacks, stress, anxiety and depression. Aetna denied my disabliity for ltd on Dec 6 stating I did not sign the release of all my medical documents , pharmacies, etc - I called them back and advissed them that the first sentance on that document stated i was not required to sign - I did send in medical cerification to satisfiy their 3 mnth pre-existing clausse that i had no treatment prior to when my medical coverage started - then they said well because all my disabilities were "mental" they do not have to pay ltd - I advised them to kindly look at the doctors paperwork as all were diagonosed by an internal medicine dr not a phscy - then last week told me they would send for expedited review and call me by last Friday - no one called - yesterday I spoke with attrneys and they said this was an erisa issue and that the insurance companies almost always denied ltd and that the case had been pre approved and they just brought me paperwork to sign - today, Aetna called me to ask me if I was going to appeal - I told them I did not know I had to appeal as the last conversation was that my paperwork was to be expedited and that as I did not feel they would do right by me it was now in hands of attny - I was not employed long enuf for fmla - initially they terminated me for job abandonment even though I was receiving std - then when I adv them they violated the ada they sent me re-instatement letter - my doctor has been extending my leave time by 1 -2 mnths since je 14 and each time I am notified that legal dept has approved continued ada -- but I am in a dilemma - I have to take medication - in order for me to get my medication, I need insurance - I now have no ck for them to take the ins out of - my husband has a good job but is now also in debt as he is paying the mortgage, two car payments, the phone, the cable, the groceries etc. I was taken out on disability primarily due to the stress factor - the job in question is Home Shopping Network and I assumed it would just be taking orders - turns out if you are on phone for over 340 seconds and you do not pass quality at 85 (they consider two in a row calls as an average) they will terminate you or as they put it "you can take your customer service skills elsewhere" - they put me on a final one week warning for termination at end of traiining and at that time the dr took me out on disability - he really does not want me to return because he says within a month he will be taking me out again...............I do not know what to do - it is a new year and I believe if he did take me out (I am not sure), would they not have to open a new short term case?? If I do not go back, I do not know how long they are going to keep approving me for ada - I started working there on Feb 22 and from then till now worked maybe 10 weeks total - there is also ssd paperwork pending but I am told that takes forever - seeing as attnys are now involved, do I have to stay unemployed - I was taken out on disability due to the call center environment stress - can I work maybe part time typing from home or something without getting in trouble?? Is the job required to keep me on ada if dr keeps providing documentation? A friend of mine says I can work but when they granted me my back disability they would dedct anything i earned doing something else.......does anyone know if this is true?

Your situation is too complex and important to trust to an online forum.
That is not to say that we are unqualified to provide you with an answer.
But, I don't want to offer you advice that could set you back, or make you lose everythuing.
I suggest you speak with a local attorney about this.
If you're smart, speak to three or four.
The initial consultations are normally free.
You will have between 15-30 minutes to ask questions and learn the law surrounding your case.
If you do this three or four times, you'll be better informed as to how to proceed.
I know you want an answer now, but please take some time tomorrow to do as I suggested.
Then come back and share your thoughts with us.
I think you'll be surprised to see how well spent two hours tomorrow will be.
Good luck and God bless!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back