answer to a petition for divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewel44

My husband answered a petition agreeing to all the terms I put on there giving me a divorce and agreed to give me sole and legal custody. How easy would it be to change his mind. Neither of us have a lawyer.

I don't know how easily anyone can change their mind.
However, pleadings can always be amended by petition or motion to the court.
I'd not trouble with what could happen.
I'd push forward with the divorce based upon the current pleadings and answer.
Never argue against your winning position or second guess the positive actions of the opposing party that supports your position.
You're winning, forge ahead.

My husband answered a petition agreeing to all the terms I put on there giving me a divorce and agreed to give me sole and legal custody. How easy would it be to change his mind. Neither of us have a lawyer.

He can change his mind at any point. Even if you have sole legal and physical, the state will allow him to file for both.

Thanks for your positive feedback.

He can change his mind at any point. Even if you have sole legal and physical, the state will allow him to file for both.

I'm not worried about him changing his mind later. He has been absent for 13 years. The children are teens and don't even know him. Plus I left due to the protection order cps had on him that he wouldn't comply with. It was him or the kids. Thanks for your information. Its good to know that he can try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back