Alternative to Legal Separation FL doesn't have it

Status
Not open for further replies.

eschau

I live in Florida (see Ohio below) and am still married with no actions pending. My wife and I are separated and agree on everything (assets, custody, etc.). She is very difficult to read and on an emotional roller coaster. We have a 10-year-old daughter (50/50). Because she sometimes offers signs of hope and reconciliation, I really do not want to proceed with a divorce yet. However, other times, she shows signs of wanting to move back to OHIO and I know she's had contact with a new guy there. I want to protect myself by getting a legal action to keep my daughter in FLORIDA without having to file divorce. Is this possible??

Also, if she would move to OHIO, the residency requirement to file for divorce is 6 months state and 90 days county. Is there anything temporary she could do sooner than 90 days? I ask because if not, it would allow me to start divorce proceedings in Florida IF and ONLY IF she would run.

In most state's you can seek a legal separation that spells out custody of children and financial arrangements. You can do it pro se or hire a lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back