Altercation at work

Glennrt6271

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I just started a new job as a Warehouse Manager 4 days ago. The same day my Operations Manager also started. We were instructed to start out slow, learn the process and in the next month or so, attempt to get things straightened out. I was told that a person from another site was present to train me for about 10 days and to absorb all I could before he leaves. The new Operations Manager has been very aggressive since day one. In your face type of person, angering everyone he meets, to include myself. After only two days of training, I arrived at work with him in my face loudly giving directions, telling me I was no longer allowed to train with the person I was supposed to be with for 10 days. I was told I should already know it enough. After loudly telling me more things I should be doing NOW, he grabbed my arm pulled me close to him and stated….YOU ARE THE WAREHOUSE MANGER, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Now I take more than most from people, but do NOT accept being grabbed and purposely intimidated because of his position. It was reported, but at this point I don't believe it's being taken seriously. What are my options. I told the Company I can not work under those conditions.

What are my options. I told the Company I can not work under those conditions.

I suspect the muckity mucks are discussing what to do with (perhaps to) you.

I can guess your fate, but what good would that do you?

I suspect you KNOW how this saga will end.

It is time for you to make amends, or seek new employment.

Both of you combatants might see this short journey end.

Muckity mucks, even low level gophers that work for higher level muckity mucks, don't take kindly to ultimatums.

You were present at the event.

I wasn't.

You know everything.

I know nothing.

I wish for you whatever you wish for yourself.

Please have a very nice day.

I do know that grabbing someone in any situation is wrong and illegal. I don't know of anyone willing to work in those conditions. I was more looking for my options legally.

You "told the company"?

That's not how you do it. You put it in writing to senior management that the man assaulted you.

That's how you cover your butt.

What are my options.

Is the operations manager your supervisor? If so, then speak with the company's human resources person or, if the company doesn't have one, speak with the operations manager's supervisor. Obviously, there are a great many other options, but that's the most obvious and sensible option.

I told the Company I can not work under those conditions.

What does "told the Company" mean? Whom did you tell (not a name, obviously, but a title)? How did he/she respond?

Is the operations manager your supervisor? If so, then speak with the company's human resources person or, if the company doesn't have one, speak with the operations manager's supervisor. Obviously, there are a great many other options, but that's the most obvious and sensible option.

What does "told the Company" mean? Whom did you tell (not a name, obviously, but a title)? How did he/she respond?

Yes the Operations Manager is my boss. I filed a report to the Operations Managers boss, as well as to HR

You are not going to be told what action they take, and they are not going to take it publicly. If the reason you think it's not being taken seriously is that they're not keeping you apprised of what they're doing about it, well, they're not supposed to be doing that. Discipline is a matter between the offending employee and management/HR. They are not required to fire him and they are not required to publicize it. They are required to make any illegal actions stop. Period.

Back