Allegation of neglect

JiggyPopPhantom

Jurisdiction
Florida
Here's the deal at my upmost honesty:
Back in March my kid(6yrs with language disability) was at one of her academic intervention meetings. She had said that she's been left home alone(there is 5 adults including me who are always watching her) and the school reported this to DCF. I'm not upset they called because i would have done the same.
On to phase two: i receive notice from DCF that i am(for some reason just me) had allegations made and i needed to come in and "talk" about them. I go and i bring my ex father-in-law with me for moral support. We arrived and I spoke with the lady privately. She immediately goes on the offense, saying that she had "reliable sources" that stated that this was true. I explained to her my kiddo has poor communications skills and that she's being worked with to improve them. I explained that my kid has the tendency to say out landish things and 90% of what my kid says is her repeating a show or her imagination is running wild(she'll ask questions during math why people don't eat rock sandwiches or that she got into an argument with a butterfly.)
The worker then kicks me out of the room and questions grandpa. After they spoke i was allowed back in and she stated to me that as long as I cooperate I'll never have to see her again. Then she starts questioning me about my bf and goes on a tangent about he's using me because we have an age gap. I keep my cool and agreed to a drug test that never signed paperwork for.
Fastforward to 3 days later:
The worker requested that I and my bf were to come in to answer more questions. We get there and claims that she spoke to my neighbors and coworkers and had been informed i admitted to guilt. I know for a fact she's lying because she can't even figure out how to get to my apartment. She doesn't understand parking in my area and for her to get in the hallway she would need a door code. I know she's never been here but she accuses me of lying and demands i take the drugtest. I did and tested positive for marijuana. She also tried to get my bf to take one but he said he needed to talk to his lawyer. Then worker then gets huffy and says that if he walks out of the room she would count it as a positive test. He walked out anyway. He also only smokes pot. So after he leaves the worker states that she would require me to be on a two week safety plan where someone would check on me randomly 3 nights a week to report if I'm home. I agreed and signed. She nominated grandpa to be the one and that she would go to his house and get him to sign it.
As of today 1 month later:
No one has checked on me. No home visits. No follow up drugtest. She didn't even go to grandpa's at all. She's talked to none of the various collaterals. I haven't even gotten a letter or phone call. So wtf is going on?

Silliness is what is going on.
You had no obligation to ever go and speak with DCF and I recommend you stop. If they have cause to speak with you they will come to you. You should not have agreed to testing or to any monitoring.
Ignore them and go on with your life.

Silliness is what is going on.
You had no obligation to ever go and speak with DCF and I recommend you stop. If they have cause to speak with you they will come to you. You should not have agreed to testing or to any monitoring.
Ignore them and go on with your life.
Seriously?
So i know this question maybe stupid but it's likely a stupid idea to smoke herb? Please take no offense i just want to know. This isn't fair to my bf, he doesn't even drink. I know now i shouldn't have cooperated with this madness because there is always an adult with my kid. Right now she's outside playing with grandpa. When she comes home she'll have to do homework and eat dinner and maybe get pbskids time on the desktop.
We should probably stay away from herb...
Honestly if the worker bothered to meet my kid they would know. She's fed, she's clean, and most importantly she's disturbingly happy.

Seriously?
So i know this question maybe stupid but it's likely a stupid idea to smoke herb? Please take no offense i just want to know. This isn't fair to my bf, he doesn't even drink. I know now i shouldn't have cooperated with this madness because there is always an adult with my kid. Right now she's outside playing with grandpa. When she comes home she'll have to do homework and eat dinner and maybe get pbskids time on the desktop.
We should probably stay away from herb...
Honestly if the worker bothered to meet my kid they would know. She's fed, she's clean, and most importantly she's disturbingly happy.

You have two problems:

One, you are the caregiver and primary custodian of your child.
Toward that end, you must now choose, because DCF will choose for you.
The male friend has to go, or you could end up losing your kid.

Two, stop using marijuana.
Its not herb.
An herb is oregano, basil, or thyme.
Marijuana is a outlawed controlled substance.
Marijuana is banned at the federal level, despite a few states that seemingly are allowed to allow or tolerate its abuse.
If you love you child, you'll immediately stop abusing any substance that is outlawed.

As far as what has transpired so far, right or wrong, you have set yourself up for having DCF take the child, put you on a rehab plan, a parenting plan, and otherwise controlling your life.
In FL, you're also setting yourself up to have any state or government assistance taken away because of your illegal drug use.

If I were you, I'd write a letter requesting a formal court hearing, and asking for taxpayer funded legal counsel.

Good luck, I hope you can right your ship.

You have two problems:

One, you are the caregiver and primary custodian of your child.
Toward that end, you must now choose, because DCF will choose for you.
The male friend has to go, or you could end up losing your kid.

Two, stop using marijuana.
Its not herb.
An herb is oregano, basil, or thyme.
Marijuana is a outlawed controlled substance.
Marijuana is banned at the federal level, despite a few states that seemingly are allowed to allow or tolerate its abuse.
If you love you child, you'll immediately stop abusing any substance that is outlawed.

As far as what has transpired so far, right or wrong, you have set yourself up for having DCF take the child, put you on a rehab plan, a parenting plan, and otherwise controlling your life.
In FL, you're also setting yourself up to have any state or government assistance taken away because of your illegal drug use.

If I were you, I'd write a letter requesting a formal court hearing, and asking for taxpayer funded legal counsel.

Good luck, I hope you can right your ship.
As i stated before i had no intention of offending anyone with my questions. I have met with my friends trusted family attorney today and he gave me the information of protocol that DCF refused to give me. From what i read I'm not even on the radar and that this isn't going to escalate but if something happens i am to.immediately excuse myself and call him. The thing is that i only met with this woman twice and I've heard nothing from her since. My bf and I have been clean and can confidently pass a drug test if they called us right now. I'm just very confused as to why no one has visited me, called me, or sent me any letters. What i find unnerving is the fact that there's been no further attempts at communication since our last meeting. I have elaborated this thoroughly in my first post and Florida only accepted the legalization of marijuana this year. I intend to get a prescription once i can afford to have a physician look me over. I do need it medically as i have two vertebrae fused together. I would have done this sooner but as you know hurricane matthew wrecked the East Coast and we were set a month back on finances.

My apologies, i wasn't trying to offend anyone. I was just inquiring as what to do next. I don't want to constantly call my attorney for ever miniscule question unless it's justified for wasting his time.

Back