after working for 30 years feel fired unfairly

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeC is one of the administrators he is not the only one that participated in building that site you don't know what your talking about. You got a problem with him take it up with him on that site not this one.

Well I am all broke up about that mlane58. Schmuck!

I actually agree with cbg here... c'mon guys, lets keep this civil. There is no reason for this to get out of hand.

Hornet's point is that there could be other smoke around this "fire." Yes, I agree that is a possibility and there is 30 years of history here. But, quite frankly as was pointed out, I don't see any evidence of age discrimination here and the original poster doesn't even allege that there was any reason for the termination other than his hiring an employee who he dated and may have still been dating.

Let's look at the practical. Many terminated employees seek lawyers to take work on a contingency basis and that seems to be the case here too. While Hornet suggest pulling up the facts might provide revealing evidence and that may be true, I sure as heck wouldn't spend my time and money going on a digging expedition where the OP himself implies that they had a pretty good relationship up until this incident. I truly agree and completely sympathize with the OP - as a 30 year employee you definitely deserve more benefit of any doubt, for sure. But legally, I'm not sure what protection may exist for you to sue for your "moral" rights - and most lawyers aren't going to fund an effort to mine for gold in a region where there is no word that is has ever been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back