after working for 30 years feel fired unfairly

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardherring

I was terminated for dating a subordinate. I ran 12 stores and after being told by my supervisior that I needed to visit a store a week I said, that I had no one to help me. I told him I needed help and would have to hire some one as temporay to help in the stores needing help and that would free me up.He said do what you have to do. I so I hired a former employee to help me temporaraly until I staffed my stores. We had dated off and on but not seriously. they found out by another employee we were dating and they fired me with no other correctives in my file on this issue at all. I WORKED FOR 30 YEARS WITH THIS COMPANY AND FEEL SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN MORE CONSIDERATION.

Last edited:
I WORKED FOR 30 YEARS WITH THIS COMPANY AND FEEL SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN MORE CONSIDERATION.
Contact an attorney there could be a age discrimination claim depending on how the facts roll out.

Contact an attorney there could be a age discrimination claim depending on how the facts roll out.
That's a stretch to nmake an assumption for age discrimination, don't you think? The OP hasn't posted anything remotely suggesting that age discrimination is at issue.

That's a stretch to nmake an assumption for age discrimination, don't you think? The OP hasn't posted anything remotely suggesting that age discrimination is at issue.
Thats what intakes ,and consultations are for to flush out if a case exists for age discrimination, don't you think?

Thats what intakes ,and consultations are for to flush out if a case exists for age discrimination, don't you think?
Only if the OP has reason to believe that might be a player. The OP clearly states that he was was terminated for dating a subordinate. You are trying to flush out a case for age discrimination that doesn't exist. Trying to make a claim for age discrimination is a far cry from violating a company policy of not dating subordinates and the OP admits to it.

Only if the OP has reason to believe that might be a player. The OP clearly states that he was was terminated for dating a subordinate. You are trying to flush out a case for age discrimination that doesn't exist. Trying to make a claim for age discrimination is a far cry from violating a company policy of not dating subordinates and the OP admits to it.

The poster is giving the "employers" reason why he was terminated. The employer is not going to tell the poster you are fired on account of long and faithful service, and we are replacing you with a younger man in order to cut cost. You are taking the employers reason as gospel. If you believe employers always tell employees the truth when they terminate employees then feel free to keep believing that.

Poster in your 30 years of service has a manager ever been terminated for this arbitrary reason?
That is from the time you first started working for this employer in 1979 when president Obama was just turning old enough to get his drivers license, has the company ever terminated a manger citing this excuse? If the answer is no, you better start making phone calls to employment attorneys. If the answer is yes call one anyway to find out what your rights are under the law.

The poster is giving the "employers" reason why he was terminated. The employer is not going to tell the poster you are fired on account of long and faithful service, and we are replacing you with a younger man in order to cut cost. You are taking the employers reason as gospel. If you believe employers always tell employees the truth when they terminate employees then feel free to keep believing that.

Poster in your 30 years of service has a manager ever been terminated for this arbitrary reason?
That is from the time you first started working for this employer in 1979 when president Obama was just turning old enough to get his drivers license, has the company ever terminated a manger citing this excuse? If the answer is no, you better start making phone calls to employment attorneys. If the answer is yes call one anyway to find out what your rights are under the law.
Dating a subordinate is arbitary to you? So what if no one else has been terminated for this reason, either no other employee was dating a subordinate or was caught doing so. That doesn't give the OP a prima facie case at all. Sounds like you like to chase ambulances.

Dating a subordinate is arbitary to you? So what if no one else has been terminated for this reason, either no other employee was dating a subordinate or was caught doing so. That doesn't give the OP a prima facie case at all. Sounds like you like to chase ambulances.
Okay so you don't think the poster should contact an attorney after he was fired after 30 years of service. Tell me why? I can see you are chomping at the bit here to argue management's case with me; well I am not here for that hootenanny. The poster was fired after 30 years service for a reason that is arbitrary (To a reasonable person) that in of itself gives rise to a call to a law office.

If you think it does not please explain what you believe the poster should do.
Sounds to me like you are shill for management and prefer the guy take it up the poop chute.

Never said the OP shouldn't see an attorney, as a matter fact they should and let the attorney tell them they don't have a case. I am not chomping at any bit, so why don't you stop playing the wounded employee bit. Unless the OP has any facts or evidence to support your theory, not his/hers then they would be wasting there time and money, because no legitimate attorney is going to take a case that has no merit.

Why you are quit a combative one, in the end you are just agreeing with me there is no reason why the poster should not see an attorney. This is what I suggested in the first reply. It does not cost a single dime to call one, the only time there is a cost is a possibly the initial consultation and that usually waved. Have you been any where near a law office you loud mouth.

For some one with out much brains you got a lot of tongue. Poster DON'T LISTEN TO HR CLERKS: They know only one side of the equation and keep blinders on that prevent them from seeing that employers are very capable of doing some very shady things.

Have you been any where near a law office you loud mouth.

For some one with out much brains you got a lot of tongue. Poster DON'T LISTEN TO HR CLERKS: They know only one side of the equation and keep blinders on that prevent them from seeing that employers are very capable of doing some very shady things.
Well I can see you can't discuss anything without becoming an insulting jerk, but that's ok, the OP and others can certainly read what a high class professional you are not. Oh for the record, I have been in more law offices then you could fathom and currently work closely with one of the largest employment law firms in the country. I base my comments on many years of experience--how about you Green Weenie?

I have been in more law offices then you could fathom and currently work closely with one of the largest employment law firms in the country.

Oh I will bet you do which firm Jackson Lewis.

Well I am all broke up about that mlane58. Schmuck!

Take it outside, you guys.
Oh this is cute you send this joker over from a board where you reign as a dictator, after you got handed your lunch on previous post. Now your doing this Claude Rains in Casblanca routine:
I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
Be gone cbg take your stooge with you. Your going to have to do better than this clown gone up against the Hornet.

Oh this is cute you send this joker over from a board where you reign as a dictator, after you got handed your lunch on previous post. Now your doing this Claude Rains in Casblanca routine: Be gone cbg take your stooge with you. Your going to have to do better than this clown gone up against the Hornet.
Sounds like JoeC to me. How ya doing Joe?

Sounds like JoeC to me. How ya doing Joe?
You're obviously a victim of mental illness. cbg should be ashamed of herself taking advantage of unfortunates like yourself. Shh-hew JoeC? Is he ridding on the back of pink elephant in your delusional world?

If you want to be invisible, Joe, you really shouldn't post a link to your website in your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back