Adopting a baby form a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allana

My husband and I know a woman who is pregnant and thinking about adoption. My husband and I are interested in adopting the baby. What steps would we need to take in order to proceed with the adoption process? Also is there a way to insure that she gives up all parental rights at the time of the babys birth, that way if she changes her mind in 6 months or so she couldnt take the baby back. In private adoptions such as this is a home study required? I appreciate any and all informaion and prayer!! Thanks to everyone, and God bless!!

Thanks again,
hopefully a Mama soon!

My husband and I know a woman who is pregnant and thinking about adoption. My husband and I are interested in adopting the baby. What steps would we need to take in order to proceed with the adoption process? Also is there a way to insure that she gives up all parental rights at the time of the babys birth, that way if she changes her mind in 6 months or so she couldnt take the baby back. In private adoptions such as this is a home study required? I appreciate any and all informaion and prayer!! Thanks to everyone, and God bless!!

Thanks again,
hopefully a Mama soon!

Wow.

You, ALL of you...ie...Mother, FATHER and potential Adoptive parents will need to hire attorneys (PLURAL). And no. You may not circumvent the adoption laws for your state to insure Mom can't change her mind within the state guideline.

Adopting a baby isn't as easy as the birth mother wanting to let you have her baby.
The issue of the putative father will rear its ugly head.
Unlike the Baby Jesus, this baby wasn't an immaculate conception.
Dad will have to agree.
As Bay advised, you need to start this process by speaking to attorneys, and retaining one to represent you.
Mom will need one, too.
There is lots to do here, and it will cost plenty loot to accomplish it.

You might start out by getting acquainted with adoption laws in your state!

http://kentucky.adoption.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back