Abuser off of parole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cozmoe84

My father was put away for sexual abuse and just found out he's off of parole I thought he couldn't ever contact me now he's mailling letters what's to stop him from making more contact or showing up

Absent a court order or a condition of parole, he is free to do as he pleases if he is no longer under such supervision.

You might consider applying for a restraining order to prevent future contact ... provided you are one of his victims. If you are not one of his victims, you may find it more difficult to obtain such an order.

If he shows up at your place, close the door and call the police if he doesn't leave. If he sends any electronic communication, tell him to stop contacting you and don't engage him; if the contact continues by electronic means, report it to the police.

My father was put away for sexual abuse and just found out he's off of parole I thought he couldn't ever contact me now he's mailling letters what's to stop him from making more contact or showing up

Father, mother, brother, stranger; you don't have to allow anyone into your home, on your property, or into your life.
If anyone won't leave your property, call "911".
The police will make sure the unwanted intruder gets the message, GO AWAY, CREEP!
Change you phone number, or block the idiot when he calls, BOTH techniques work well.
Ignoring troublemakers and unwanted pests will cause them to just slither away!!!

Put up no trespassing signs around your home. If he shows up, do not answer the door, call the police due to him violating the no trespass order.

As a note, merely posting "No Trespassing" signs is not at all likely to get someone arrested for trespassing in CA. If he shows up and is told not to come back and then he does, THAT might result in an arrest (booking or citation) based upon a private person's arrest.

If possible, a restraining order would be the best route. Or ... a fence around the front yard with a gate to the door and a very big dog that spends his time in said yard.

There was a time, when one made their desire for visitors clear by putting what was clearly a target near the entrance to their property. I guess CA has become too progressive in flaunting the laws.

There was a time, when one made their desire for visitors clear by putting what was clearly a target near the entrance to their property. I guess CA has become too progressive in flaunting the laws.

You can make your wishes clear, but, the law does not make the crime of trespassing so easy and simple as seems to be the common misperception. And a reading of most (perhaps, all?) other state's statutes on trespassing should find that simply posting a sign in the front yard would not generally be sufficient - by itself - to allow for criminal charges to be pursued.

So, you post a sign in the front yard, call the cops, and they're going to come down and arrest the poor sot that knocked on the door? I doubt that ... even if a technical possibility, I cannot imagine that any law enforcement agency or prosecutor would pursue it on a single event.

So, you post a sign in the front yard, call the cops, and they're going to come down and arrest the poor sot that knocked on the door? I doubt that ... even if a technical possibility, I cannot imagine that any law enforcement agency or prosecutor would pursue it on a single event.

When did you last visit Texas, especially rural areas of Texas?
Trust me, it happens everyday in certain areas of Texas.
It happens in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, The Woodlands, Austin, and other cities of Texas, if you have the "right" last name. Heck, I bet it even happens in Beverly Hills, CA; more than it does in Beverly Hills, TX. Yeah, we got us a Beverly Hills, too. Don't wander around ours after midnight. LOL

In my 30's but he abused me entire childhood I just can't believe just cause he served his time he's allowed to contact me even he's old parole officer said that they said I could only get a restraining order if he's harssing me that should shouldn't be a crime people shouldn't be allowed to contact there victims just cause there off parole it should be indefent

Once someone has served their time, they are free to act like any other person. Just throw out the letters or send them back "return to sender".

Most people aren't punished for their crime for the rest of their life. Once they serve their time & are off parole - they are free. If you're being harassed, then you might want to consider a restraining order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back