A wife forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thickness

I've been married over 20 years. 4 years ago my husband became ill he had 4 strokes and 2 heart attacks, leaving him disabled. We filled for disability but the process takes years, I continued to work and take care of him, but as time went by he became angry at the world or at least that's the way it seems. We separated 6 months ago, and we both moved in with friends, now roommates I still go over and see him almost every day. A month ago they decided fully favorable in his case. Last week he received over $20.000 back pay and will receive over $1000.00 monthly. I asked him for some money and he refused. I would like to know am I entitled to any of this money and can I also draw a check as his wife of over 20 years.

I've been married over 20 years. 4 years ago my husband became ill he had 4 strokes and 2 heart attacks, leaving him disabled. We filled for disability but the process takes years, I continued to work and take care of him, but as time went by he became angry at the world or at least that's the way it seems. We separated 6 months ago, and we both moved in with friends, now roommates I still go over and see him almost every day. A month ago they decided fully favorable in his case. Last week he received over $20.000 back pay and will receive over $1000.00 monthly. I asked him for some money and he refused. I would like to know am I entitled to any of this money and can I also draw a check as his wife of over 20 years.

If this is social security DI, probably.

It depends on you applying.

In fact, if you were divorced, you could apply based upon a legal marriage.

Anyway, contact SS via mail, telephone, or online and apply.

If its SSSDI, maybe again.

It costs you NOTHING to apply but time.

He's been approved, so all you need to do is apply.

Then wait, it won't be as long as as he had to wait, but eventually you'll know.

You can't get HIS money, but you could possibly be approved as a spouse and get a percentage of what he gets.

Good luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back