" a friend needs help with getting her girls from her mother"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslagivail

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS SOMEONE
her mom and sister has temporary custody of her two girls and wont let her take the girls anywhere. what should she do to get the girls back ?

Last edited:
Not nearly enough information.

For example:

Where is the other parent?

WHY do Mom and sister have custody? Is this from the court? Are child services involved?

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS SOMEONE
her mom and sister has temporary custody of her two girls and wont let her take the girls anywhere. what should she do to get the girls back ?

Okay, you pick the reason that best describes why your mom and sister have your kids:

1 - I just got outta rehab
2 - I just got outta jail
3 - I just got outta prison
4 - I abandoned them kids, but want them back now
5 - I let mom and sis keep the kids for a little while because I was away doing some stuff
6 - The state done taked my kids from me for no apparent reasons
7 - None of them reasons be fitting my sichewashun, so I'm gonna tell you the reason(s).

Okay, you pick the reason that best describes why your mom and sister have your kids:

1 - I just got outta rehab
2 - I just got outta jail
3 - I just got outta prison
4 - I abandoned them kids, but want them back now
5 - I let mom and sis keep the kids for a little while because I was away doing some stuff
6 - The state done taked my kids from me for no apparent reasons
7 - None of them reasons be fitting my sichewashun, so I'm gonna tell you the reason(s).

my mom and sister have tempory cusdoy. both my kids have different dads. both dads live in same town. me and my ex have joint cusdoy of my youngest daughter.and my oldest daughters dad has been proven to be her dad.and cps has closed my case but i think their case is still open not sure. and i had them keep my children till i got up on my feet and they wont let me have them for the weekends or anything and if want to see them i have to go to their house. and i can text and see how their doinig thats about it.

Is there a reunification plan?

What did CPS tell you when you asked them about this?

Have your parental rights been terminated?

I cannot believe that CPS won't tell you your status. Unless your rights have actually been terminated. Someone, somewhere, doesn't have the correct information.

You have a case-worker, right?

Have your parental rights been terminated?

I cannot believe that CPS won't tell you your status. Unless your rights have actually been terminated. Someone, somewhere, doesn't have the correct information.

You have a case-worker, right?

i had a case worker but they already closed my case ad wouldnt help me after they closed it. they said that the only thing they would do would be to go out to the house to check on the kids..that was it..

i had a case worker but they already closed my case ad wouldnt help me after they closed it. they said that the only thing they would do would be to go out to the house to check on the kids..that was it..

and how would i find out if my parental rights have been terminated? who would i ask..

Okay, let's start again :)

Please give us a timeline.

When were the children removed? Why were they removed? Why was CPS involved at all?

Okay, let's start again :) we are totally sorry for all these problems but its taking two of us to figure out how to post things, we have never done this before.....

Please give us a timeline.

When were the children removed? Why were they removed? Why was CPS involved at all?

about a yr ago...they werent removed from me i had given them tempory to my mom and sister till i got up on my feet and could support my kids. and when i had my children they thought that they had to call cps on me all the time.....

about a yr ago...they werent removed from me i had given them tempory to my mom and sister till i got up on my feet and could support my kids. and when i had my children they thought that they had to call cps on me all the time.....

cps got involved when my ex told them i didnt want my children and they filed missing person report on me cause iw ouldnt answer my phone or tell them where i was..

i didnt abandoned my children they wont give them back to me now that im up on my feet..

i also talked to my children almost everyday and can see them went i want or when their not busy but i cant leave with them and have to be at my moms house with them and i cant even take them to the store...

You need an attorney - seriously.

You NEED an attorney. I don't think you know what's going on - and if you don't know, we really can't help you.

Speak to an attorney - tomorrow.

my mom and sister have tempory cusdoy. both my kids have different dads. both dads live in same town. me and my ex have joint cusdoy of my youngest daughter.and my oldest daughters dad has been proven to be her dad.and cps has closed my case but i think their case is still open not sure. and i had them keep my children till i got up on my feet and they wont let me have them for the weekends or anything and if want to see them i have to go to their house. and i can text and see how their doinig thats about it.

Well, that don't seem right for them keeping the kids away.
But, then on the other side, they did do you a favor by safe keeping the kids until you got on your feet.
I'm thinking out loud here, but I kinda seen it this way.
Why not try to work with mom and sis, because they had been keeping the kids safe, clean, educated, and fed. That's pretty good, so you have more time to save money, fix up your place, and show mom and sis you're gonna do better.

Mom and sis are pretty good to you and the kids.
Just let them stay there until you get established and have saved up, I don't know, $10,000 in the bank.

Then, mom and sis will know you're ready to get them back.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

and how would i find out if my parental rights have been terminated? who would i ask..

That's the easiest question you've asked.
Why not just ask mom, I'll bet she knows the answer.
Sis probably knows, too.
Ask them, they sound like great people to do all they've done for you and your kids!!!

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back