2 kids, ex wants to move 2 states away with boyfriend, says it is for new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadenray

I am the guy who has the ex that also doen't pay the car payment timely. Anyway, now she met a new guy and says her job is in jeopardy and wants to move 2 states away and take boys. She lives about 9 miles away from me and both sets of grandparents currently. The kids are 9 and 5. She currently makes about $45k as a base and my $12k of support puts her around $57k. Pretty good for our area, obviously not enough for her since she filed bankruptcy but o'well. I do not want my boys moving away from me by anymeans! I try to be as involved in their lives as I possibly can. I do not want to miss my boys games or concerts or anything like that. If she had to move an hour or two away I could deal with it, but we are talking 5 hours and she thinks it is no big deal. She says, "we will just leave work early on Friday and meet halfway." Well knowing her that won't last too long, and quite honestly it is unfair to the kids. What can I do? Hopefully they both decide eventually just to live with dad and visit mom and she can see what pain it causes, but until then can I prevent her from moving?

Get a lawyer and have her hauled into court.
If you have an existing custody order, make sure your lawyer has the court enforce its provisions.
If not, ask the lawyer to legalize custody.

Stop communicating with her.
Ask the lawyer to show you how to do that.
There are many reasons why you're divorced.
Among those reasons is your inability to communicate.

You should not have to worry about the judge allowing her to move 2 states away without a REALLY GREAT reason. Do as army said and talk to your attorney. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back