1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Young children sharing a room.

Discussion in 'Juvenile Crime, Law & Court' started by NicoleBowen88, Nov 14, 2016.

1. NicoleBowen88

NicoleBowen88 Law Topic Starter Guest

Jurisdiction:
    Virginia
    Hi I have two young children 7&9. I cannot find a 3 bedroom home where I live, there are only 2 bedrooms available. I was wondering if Virginia had a law against them sharing the same bedroom with individual beds or bunk beds? I have full physical custody of them and share joint legal custody with their father. Thank you so much for your time!

2. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

There are no laws about that in VA or anywhere else in the US. If necessary, your children can share a room until one them is old enough to move out and get his or her own place. ;)

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

There is no law in any state across this nation that punishes anyone for being financially challenged.

Do the best you can to keep your family safe and alive.

If you all had to live in ONE room, that's not illegal either!!!

Good luck.

4. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

The only time the law cares a whit about children sharing a room is when it is a foster care situation. In all other situations, in every state., it's totally up to you.

5. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

No, there is no law against them sharing a bedroom. Many people cannot afford a separate room for each child. The only situations where there might be a concern is when children are in foster care or being considered for adoption.

6. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

Totally legal and at their ages, extremely common.