Wrongfully terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdave2008

On August 13th my employer found out that i was looking for a job. The day after my manager asked me if i could write an open resignation letter and she asked me not to date it. She said she will keep it on file and if she finds someone to replace me, she will then terminate me. I then emailed her and asked her to put her request in writing because it didn't make since to me and i wanted to get legal advise. She never responed to my email. When i got to work today she hands me a letter and tells me that i must leave because i quit. I explanied to her that i didn't and she said i did because i decided to look for another job.The letter states that i verbally resigned. I never had a conversation with anyone in the office saying that i quit my job. What should i do?

Woo she is trying to beat you out of an unemployment claim wont work though file for Unemployment.

On August 13th my employer found out that i was looking for a job. The day after my manager asked me if i could write an open resignation letter and she asked me not to date it. She said she will keep it on file and if she finds someone to replace me, she will then terminate me. I then emailed her and asked her to put her request in writing because it didn't make since to me and i wanted to get legal advise. She never responed to my email. When i got to work today she hands me a letter and tells me that i must leave because i quit. I explanied to her that i didn't and she said i did because i decided to look for another job.The letter states that i verbally resigned. I never had a conversation with anyone in the office saying that i quit my job. What should i do?
now that is slimy

This is not a wrongful termination as defined by law.

Go ahead and file for unemployment. The state will decide if you are eligible or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back