Wrongfully fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

briansmith524

I recently quit a job to take position at another small business. I signed all the disclosures and other forms regarding criminal background prior to being hired. It also clearly states on my resume I have 3 prior felonies. I was hired with no issues. I was fired due to failing criminal background check.
Can I sue? I'm now without any job and appears as though I will not qualify for unemployment, and face not being able to get another job due to my felony convictions.

That's the thing, I was led to believe I was hired with full knowledge I had felony convictions and it was not an issue. The criminal check came back listing exactly what was on my resume. Had I known I had any chance of still getting fired for the felony issues I wouldn't of left my job. Anyways, thanks for you're input. Sounds like I'm SOL.

Sorry yes you are. Its possible the background check revealed more than you did perhaps not. Either way you "knew" said check was being run which strongly suggest it will impact your employment

May I ask in what state this took place? There are at least two states where you cannot be fired for a criminal record unless the conviction has a direct relationship to the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back