Wrongful Termination Suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hahn0609

I was fired today and the reason as stated in my termination letter is "The reason for your termination is based on your work performance the last month or so." Not only have I never been told of my "poor performance" individually by any of my supervisors it has never been brought to my attention during any type of formal performance review. Also, in speaking with the owner of the company just 4 days ago he was assuring me that my employment would continue for the forseeable future. Because I was never given the chance to correct what they thought was wrong with my performance and the fact that 4 days ago I was led to believe i would have continued employment, does it make sense to contact a lawyer?

Most states are "at will" this means an employer may terminate your employment at anytime. with or without cause unless the termination violated any existing law. That is not the case here. So unless you have a cba or employment contract you have no case for suit

A wrongful termination means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law, which is not the case here. The law does not require that you be given any kind of warning or notice of poor performance, or that you be given an opportunity to improve.

Nothing you have posted suggest a wrongful termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back