Wrongful Termination HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallon29

I was hired at kroger's completed my training and worked one day. The women who was to train me lied on me to the managers and told them that I told her the job was to hard for me. I never said such a thing.She was pissed because she had to train me and kept mentioning it. I just did my job so I thought. I was off for one day and due to come in today I got a phone call from the Co-Manager of the store and he told me that the department head who I had never met or even seen and the store manager who I had never even met either felt the job was not for me. I only met the Hr manager in the store that's was it. The Co manager I remember seeing him when i was doing my computer training and he was looking at me cross eyed I did not continue looking at him I just finished what I was susposed to do. Three of these managers are ganging up on me and half of them I have never met and stating I am working poorly I worked very hard that day and because for whatever reason because this women who was suspose to train me didn't like me they are believeing her and just called and fired me didnt even have any kind of meeting what so ever just kept saying on the phone I didn't work up to their standards I am very upset and would like to know if there is anything that could be done???

People not liking you is not a reason for you to be terminated, something else must have happened... Kroger can do whatever it deems necessary when it comes to retaining or firing employees. Move on and find another job opportunity where you are at. Good Luck!

Nothing illegal took place here. In order for you to have cause for any action something illegal would have to have been done to you. Where I agree with the previous post even if your 100% correct unfair is not illegal. File for unemployment and seek new employment

My employment was unfairly terminated as well.

I went through Kelly Services to get a job as a file clerk for another company. At the end of one week I was told by my Kelly Services rep that the supervisor at this company decided to terminate my employment. I still don't understand why they did this because I thought I was doing a good job. I don't think I was taking excess break times, though I guess that's debatable since there was no punch clock to keep track of my time in and time out.

I tried talking to the company supervisor the next day but she was reluctant to talk to me and said I should talk to Kelly Services. I don't understand why she wouldn't give me a definite reason for firing me. I consider it extremely disrespectful to fire someone for no good reason and then to add insult to injury, not bother to tell him why he got fired in the first place. I was considering a lawsuit, but it appears I don't have a case.

I think with most companies you sign a form saying that you're not under contract to work for a particular time period and that you could be terminated without reason. I guess they put in this legal crap so they don't put themselves into a bad situation. I don't think I can file for unemployment, can I? From what I've heard, you can only collect unemployment benefits if you were laid off after working a long time; Not if you were terminated after working a mere week.

I consider it extremely disrespectful to fire someone for no good reason and then to add insult to injury, not bother to tell him why he got fired in the first place. I was considering a lawsuit, but it appears I don't have a case.

You don't. Just because you don't know what the reason is doesn't mean that one doesn't exist, and they are not required by law to give you a reason.

I don't think I can file for unemployment, can I?

Certainly you can FILE. Whether or not you will be approved is not something we can predict, however.

From what I've heard, you can only collect unemployment benefits if you were laid off after working a long time; Not if you were terminated after working a mere week.

It depends on your previous employment. If you worked prior to this job you may still qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back