Wrongful Termination Case-????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyR

Employer had all employees sign a terms of employment papers. In the agreement he incorporated several job duties. Such as axcess to company software to be used to proform stipulated duties. Which were shut down keeping me from completing assigned projects. Also In the agreement it states: "In any event at all times be in compliance with provisions if the Irganization of Working Time Act, 1977. Things such as annual leave never received. Other statements contradict the Working Time Act, 1977. By having pointed this out to my employer caused me a demotion and lost office. I was moved from office position and no means of access to company software to do my job. With me replacement the next day. I had no idea this position was even posted on Craigs list. I was slowly being disconnected from the company while still there. Eventually I was told to go home and take the rest of the day off. This was on a Friday, July 2014. I was told not to worry about attending Monday's meeting. When I asked when I suppose to come back to work. The owner tells me he'll be in touch. Monday I went to work to get information on customers I was assigned and was told they were not allowed to give me any information. I left and filed unemployment and it was granted. {Do I have a wrongful termination case}?

You can sue, but your case is a dead horse.
An employer can terminate you or anyone because he likes to pretend he's Donald Trump and loves saying, "You're fired!!!!"
Take your UI and try to find a new job.
In your next job, don't blab about what someone is doing incorrectly.
Just take your paycheck, keep your nose clean, and your mouth shut.
Bosses don't want to hear from employees what's wrong, unless they inquire.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Being awarded unemployment does not mean your termination was wrongful. The vast majority of people collecting unemployment were legally terminated. To have a claim for wrongful termination, there must be a specific law (not a company policy - a Federal, state or local law) that prohibited your employer from terming you for the reason he did. What law do you believe the employer violated by firing you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back