Wrongful removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I work for a security company here in California. I've been employed with this company four years and never had any disciplinary actions or write-ups of any kind. I was placed at a site to provide security for with a pay rate of 8.75hr. January of 2012 I began at this site. Key thing is this site had no post orders or written policies stating requirements and duties that where expected to be performed by on site guards. I brought this issue and many more to the branch office but nothing has been done. Also the facility manager on this site was mis-treating the guards on site and I also told the office bout this an again nothing done. Jan.2013 I was made supervisor and had a total of 14guards and two sites to over see. My raise was 9.35 from 8.75 you can do the math. Long story short ,I began addressing these issues and writting up safety reports against the facility manager,continued to remind my company of the post orders that are required to be on site. Months pass and at the beginning of April I get asked to come in for a meeting. In this meeting I learn of my removal per the facility managers request. I asked the reason and they stated "company politics". I was upset with this because I was not involved in any type of company politics and decided to contact my HR department. Sad to say they weren't much help but did state that I was removed based on "business necessity ". That's odd cause my branch manager stated a whole different reason for my removal. They even went as far to say that I was performing greatly and this was a decision that was difficult for them to make. How and Why? Since my transfer I was placed back as a guard,pay rate of 8.75, and found out that an old guard was allowed back to our company and placed in my old position at that site. This guard is friends with the facility manager and I believe that's Why I was really removed. Also this guard was given a pay increase as soon as she got on site of 2 dollars more then I received when I held that position.

So question is was I wrongfully removed , retaliated against for reporting the working conditions,and is there evidence of discrimination involved?

Based solely on what you have posted, the answers are no, no, and no. Google at-will employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back