wrongful information in personel finle

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacha3357

Hello, my mother recently was given the option of resigning or being discharged from the state of ohio. she chose to resign and recieved a letter from the state saying that they accepted her resignation. She then applied to recieve unemployement benefits. She the recieved a letter from the unemployement offices stating that her benefits were suspended due to being discharged from the state. She has also applied to various employers and has not yet been successful in getting a job since her personal file with the state says that she was discharged.
My question is, should the state have been allowed to place a letter of discharge in her personal file she is resigned from the state and recieved a letter of accepting that resignation. Also, would she have a case if she chose to bring suit against the state for defimation of chacter as well as stress being placed on her for not being able to find a job at the same pay. What law did they brake when the state placed a false document in her personal file, and what information can they legally release to a prospective employer?
thanks for you help

In many if not most states, being asked to resign is the same as being discharged. Therefore there is nothing false in her file and no laws have been broken.

If this were to stand as a resignation she would have NO chance of receiving unemployment benefits as you don't get benefits if you quit.

She has no case against the state that I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back