Wrongful accusation of inappropriate language..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pubcubbie

I work in the wireless sales division for a large telecommunications company. I am a union employee who pays monthly dues with this company as well. I have been notified from my area sales manager of an escalation from a customer service representative who is accusing me of using inappropriate language while on the phone with her. This representative works in the wired division of my company and was helping me process an order. In the email I received, she claims that while on the phone, I was singing inappropriate lyrics containing and repeating the word -N*gga. She then claims to have asked me where that was from and I supposedly told her from the movie The 40-Year Old Virgin. Her filed complaint contains my name, my location, and the order number being processed. After a brief investigation from their department, it was deemed that this specific call was not recorded. I have consistently denied that this ever took place, I never said such a thing, yet I am being proven guilty on this issue before any innocence because its my word versus hers as there is no "hard" evidence otherwise. I have done nothing wrong and figure she has me confused with someone else. However, my management team wants me to complete all these training courses and I have been notified of a written warning.

I think this is completely unfair as I have 1) done nothing wrong and 2) have not been given any chance to defend myself. I feel that since I have not done anything wrong I should not be subjected to these trainings and the warning. This is a complete false accusation. If I fail to comply with their requests I am worried about being slapped with insubordination and possible termination. Do I not have the right to defend myself before being handed the punishments? As mentioned, I am a union employee and I am considering getting my representative involved and filing a grievance on this issue.

How should I approach this situation? ANY suggestions or comments are welcome please! I need some good direction to handle this properly. Thanks!

Get your representative involved if you feel that strongly about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back