Wrong Employment reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddyenock

:no:My bank asked my employer to furnish them with my employment record: employment date, salary and hours worked. In providing the information my employer information stating that my employment will soon reminate together with ending date. Was it ok for them to provide this additional information, even not asked. Because of this I lost the deposit I gave to the bank together with the house I intended to buy. I could afford to pay for the house until I secured a new job. Was my employer right to give them the information? If not, what legal action can I take against them.

If you are asking whether or not the employer violated any laws by providing this information, the answer is no, they did not. I have yet to see a bank reference that did not specifically ask the employer whether you would be continuing to work for that employer in the foreseeable future - the employer is not required to lie for you.

Besides, once you have authorized someone to check your references, you cannot set limits on what questions can be asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back