1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

wrong account number in divorce decree

Discussion in 'Divorce, Separation, Annulment' started by sannlatham, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sannlatham

    sannlatham Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    My husband's divorce decree (7 years ago) stated that he pay a loan that his ex wife took out in her name only. He paid for as long as the payment books lasted, but when he called the company to get new payment books they said that the account number did not exist. (The account number written in the decree) He gave them his ex wife's name and the company said that as his name wasn't on the account no informaton could be given out. His ex has filed a complaint stating he has not complied with the divorce decree. Who is responsible for the wrong information in the decree and what steps do we need to take to show he tried to pay this in good faith? Is he legally responsible to pay an account that technically doesn't exist?
    Thank you!
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2007

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.