Written contract valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalluvsmll76

When starting my job 3 years ago I had signed a written employment contract stating job discription, pay, when I'd be paid and under what terms I would be let go. However, in the contract itself it says under wages "for the first 12 months". Does this void my contract terms if a new contract was never written? I am at a point that my employer is only paying partial of what they should be and not at all on the date that was written in the original contract.
Do I have legal recourse for none or late salary payment by default of contract?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Seems to me that the only clause that is no longer valid is the one regarding wages.

But only an attorney in your state who has read the contract is its entirety can tell you whether the employer is in breach of it, and is the best person to advise you what your next step should be.

BTW, are you an employee or an independent contractor? If you are an employee and you aren't getting paid at all or less than the equivalent of minimum wage, you have recourse through the state Dept. of Labor.

I am an employee not an independent. My contract was obtained in 2007. Under wages it shows my salary to be paid on the 10th of every month. Though last year during parts of the year my employer was slow to pay, always paid by the 15th. However this month I was paid a fraction of the amount owed and therefore defaulted on my home loan. Is it possible to hold the company responsible for the fees and penalties on the home loan?

Thank you btw Patricia! I have been asking tons of people that simply couldn't guide me on if my claim was even valid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back