Would they have a shot at getting the baby back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetqtbaby

A little less than a week ago i learned that a couple related to one of my uncles and aunts was trying to get someone to adopt their 1 1/2 month old baby girl. As far as I know, this couple has already had 7 children, 4 of which they have given up for adoption because they simply do not want them. The other day the mother of the baby was upset with the baby for some reason and even said that she wanted to kill the child. That lady's mother then took the baby. From what i understood, the biological parents signed off their rights to her. She had the baby for maybe two days at the most and made it clear that she was not the best person to stay with the baby. She is 51 years old, and not in the best health condition. She then decided that the best place for the baby would be with my uncle and aunt. Last night the had her at their house, with the grandmother's permission, and were very serious about staying with her. They were away that they would have to do the whole 6 month "trial" type thing with the baby, basically that they could care for her but she was not legally theirs until after 6 months. Then today out of nowhere CPS showed up and took the baby away. We all suspect that it is the grandmother's doing. Is there any way they would be able to get the baby back? Since the grandmother gave her away shouldn't that show that she isn't the best person to take care of this baby? She seems a bit unstable to me, not only with her decisions obviously but her health as well. Please someone just give me your opinions/advice. This is really a huge deal for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back