1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Workplace Injury

Discussion in 'Employee Benefits, Pensions' started by Sandmann, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Sandmann

Sandmann Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Maryland
    On March 28th I injured my middle left finger while on the job and I had to get stitches. I was a driver for Majestic Transportation Inc. The owner of the company is Rico, who is a contractor for FedEx. I reported the injury to the supervisor the same day. The employer didn't report my claim until days later to the workers comp insurance company. When I finally got hold of the claims person she told me the employer refused to provide my contact number. I want representation and wish to file suit against Majestic Transportation Inc.

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

Then you'd better start making some phone calls, hadn't you? You can't get representation by posting on a message board - we are not a referral service and reputable attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients.

Sandmann likes this.
  3. txls

txls Well-Known Member

So are they refusing to cover the injury? Your post isn't clear on that point.

4. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

Do you have a question? You aren't going to find a lawyer on a message board. You have to look up lawyers in your area and contact them. They don't hang out here looking for clients.

5. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Forget it. Your only recourse for your injury is WC. You got your stitches. WC is covering it. A delay of a few days for the coverage to kick in isn't worth a nickel to you.

6. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

You can't sue your employer for an on the job injury in any state. You always have the option to file directly with the WC carrier and state WC commission if your employer will not. The state website lists the carrier if you don't already know. Once the carrier has the claim, from you or from your employer, it is in their hands.

It isn't clear what the issue is now that you have called the carrier and the carrier now has your contact information. The employer now providing it to them is legally meaningless.

7. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Are you (were you) classified as an employee or a contractor?

8. Sandmann

Employee

9. Sandmann

Thank you