Workplace division/discord over my Religious beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorrie

I have been a born again Christian for nearly 18 years. I work at my present place of employment for over 6 years. When I took my job, I was told there would be a number of things I would be expected to do . I work with adults that are pyhsically and mentally handicapped , and the duties included were to help them with their work, help them if they need assistance with personal care and so on. A woman I helped to get hired, is my problem. We are now being asked to go to a different county and do work there. The first time I went, we worked with liquor bottles. I didnt much care for it,but seeing that there was no alcohol in the bottle,I said nothing at all.They now are working with the liquor itself ,and being a born again Christian woman, I feel I would be disobeying God`s word if I do this work. I talked to my supervisor assistant, she talked to the supervisor,and everything was ok. This woman I helped to get hired has been making comments saying " If one has to do it,then we all should have to do it " . She has been talked to about her attitude to staff and the people we are there to help,but to no avail. This woman tries to bring divisions between myself and the other staff, and has even gone so far as to try to get the consumers against me . She is a very negative person and is trouble with a capitol T. My question is this: What can I legally do to get her to leave me alone, to stop trying to bring a division between the worker and consumers and to quit trying to sow discord ? It is so hard to work with/ around someone who has nothing but negativity to say about everyone and everything. HELP !! :nuts What can I do legally to get this woman to stop making her comments about me and to leave me along. Oh, I do do my share of the work,and even more at times.

Have you spoken with your supervisor about your co-worker's comments?

How about telling your co-worker "I am not going to discuss this with you"?

"Sowing discord" is not necessarily illegal.

Ignore the other woman and focus only on your assigned duties. Just because a person makes a comment, you aren't obliged to respond. Keep your distance and all will be well!!!

Thanks for the advise. I do know that sowing discord in the workplace is not illegal. Ignoring this woman is not an easy task. She is at EVERYBODY, even the supervisor. She is a constant pain in the neck. And yes I have went to my supervisor, and they are looking into this matter, for it has now went outside the building to others,there is a lot more to this than what I can say here, but thank you for your advice .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back