worker comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

miraclesun3

My dad and I have a small business and business has been doing great for the past ten years. We hired a young 21 man who was looking fr work and my dad gave him a chance . He filled out an application and time cards. After about 6 weeks he stopped showing up and he came in randomly to pick up his last check dressed up in a nice suit and started bragging about how he won a lawsuit against his prior job. There were no hard feelings and sent him on his way. A week later we get a letter saying that he wanted to receive unemployment but he abandoned his job and didnt make enough to receive unemployment. We thought that was the end of it but now he is claiming that we never provided him a time card and have no record of him working. My question is .... is it ok that he was performing paid labor while his last lawsuit was still open. And if its possible to do a background check to see what company he sued to show the judge that he is a scam.*

There is no law that prohibits him from working while he has an open lawsuit.

If you have his time cards and application, there is no need to show the judge what company he sued.

You just need to prove to the UI agcy./judge that he quit (wasn't fired) & have his time cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back