Willow Trees=$5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaydaniels

I am being sued for $5000 for cutting down "a willow tree approximately 30 years old 30feet on my property" per plaintiff. First, this was 3 years ago and there were 2 trees 50 years old - willows which anyone knows they rot from the inside out, and were rotten. One had a large part come down in storm so I had to take both down because they could fall on my home.

The plaintiff saw them being cut down - all he said was to move the pieces off his property. The plaintiff has also been bullying me for the 6 years I have owned the home because his deed states that the road to his land is only for agricultural use. My driveway happens to be a piece of that road and he has wanted me to sign off on allowing his deed to be changed so he could build residential property. Long story - but since I would not do that it has been something every year. I am mowing too far into his property. I owe him 9 feet - though he has never had a professional survey done to prove it. He has 99 acres, I have .34 acres.

He never disputed me buying the property in 2005 and did nothing when the trees came down.

Get a survey.

Pay for it, if you want the madness to stop.

Your only remedy is in court.

Prove what you own by a survey.

If the tree was on your property then you wont owe him a dime. Do as army said and get that survey done so you can try and live in peace. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back