Will this EVER end??

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex and I have been split since July 2009. We have one son age 16. Ex has not paid child support that he was court ordered to pay (14% of adjusted gross salary) since the day of seperation. He gives our son "spending money" but I never see a penny of the money and have no idea how much he really gives him as it is always cash. I hired an attorney back in November and had him served with contempt of court papers. He hired an attorney to represent him and they both showed up on our court day in March. The lawyers came to an agreement behind closed doors with the judge but it was not "read into the record" because my lawyer had not figured the amount my ex owed me before court. Therefore, my lawyer and his lawyer went back and forth after court a few times until they reached an agreement on the amount he owed me for arrearage and future cs. My ex would then not allow his attorney to sign the papers because he didn't agree with it. My lawyer set a new court date a few weeks ago for a "Review of Judgement". My attorney, his attorney and I showed up for the court date. My ex did not!! His attorney stood up and stated that he agreed with my attorney on the amounts owed (over$10,000) but that his client would not allow him to sign the papers. He asked to withdraw from the case. My lawyer told me that we had to have ex re-served summons (already did that this weekend). Will you explain to me what has happened? I have asked my lawyer but don't really understand his explanation. He says that my ex's attorney has asked that the "stipulation be put into the record that if my ex shows up for court on June 15th that he may withdraw from the case"!! I am ready to receive some $ to be able to buy my son the things he needs (summer clothes, shoes, etc!!). The new summons says, once again, it is a "Review of Judgement". What stunt can my ex possibly pull this time to put off paying me!!?? Please help me make sense of this. I thought if you didn't pay your child support they could take your license, garnish your check, etc. How many more months can he get away with this!!???

Some of these bums never pay a dime. Many of them are so evil they prefer to while away months locked up in prison or a filthy, county jail.

There are many, many tricks these buns use to game the system and their children.

You should advise your son not to take money directly from dad. Some of those creeps illogically reason that giving sissy or junior a $5 bill is paying their child support.
This creep let you down many times before this.

All I can suggest is to expect nothing from this bum.

That way, if you ever do get $10, you've made a little headway.

I'll just say it, you'll never see 10% of what that loser owes you. Knowing that, you need to figure out ways to do for two more years, what you've been doing along for the last 16!!!

What's sad is he is making over $50,000 a year and has no household expenses. He is a truck driver and lives out of his truck. When he comes to visit our son, which is about every weekend, he either visits at his parents house and they spend the night there or he gets his trucking company to pay for them a hotel. He is a good father to our son. He is very involved in his life. He just will give me no child support. That's his only flaw....well not only, but only one in this situation! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back