Will Termination be Legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maskedhood

i currently work at two different restaurants. both are very popular in the area. last saturday during our pre-shift meeting, i was told at one place of employment (job a) that working on the upcoming major holiday, mother's day, was mandatory and non- negotiable.
at this place of employment (job a), i am usually scheduled only on friday and saturday, as certain days are outside of my availability, due to my other job (job b). i have worked sundays at my second job (job b) for much of my overall employment at either of the places.
sundays have been against my availability at job a, due to being scheduled at job b for quite some time.

when i asked my general manager about the upcoming conflict, the GM told me 'he didnt care, tell my other job you need the day off'.

i informed job b of this upcoming situation, and they offered to contact job a and inform them that i am scheduled at job b for a specific amount of time, and that i would be free to work afterwards.

i feel as though job a will wish to terminate me, as i feel obligated to work the holiday at my scheduled place of employment.

does this constitute as wrongful termination?

Last edited:
No it does not. You do not get to make schedules your employer does. Just because they have worked with you in past does not mean that must continue. Unless you have some sort of contract to contrary they can terminate you legally.

The employer at "job a" can legally terminate you if they wish in this situation. They do not have to work around your schedule and availability in ANY situation, not just this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back