Will I get fired when file short term disability second time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jade88

I am currently on short term disability for 1 month which will expire in 2 days. My doctor approves me to work from home after STD and my company approves work from home for 1 month. Then I found out that I can not even work from home because the increase dose of my medication from doctor. I plan to tell my company that I will need to be back on STD again. I am sure my boss will be mad. I'd like to ask that if it is legal for company fire me at the time I tell them I need to be back on STD? Since the at the time I tell them I am already out of STD. thanks!

The only way your STD time off can continue is for the physician to certify you disabled. If your physician releases you for duty, that's it, the STD is over.

It isn't what you want that matters. It was the physician says. Speak with the physician about your medical problem. Ask him to keep you on STD. If he says no, then back to work you go.

Relative to your continued employment, however, does FMLA apply? STD does not protect your job; only the FMLA can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back