Wife has left with our child for the 3rd time

Status
Not open for further replies.

STM1

My jurisdiction is: San Bernadino Ca.

I dont believe this. My wife has finally done it again. She said she was going to help her mom move. Now its a month later, I havent seen my child. I have NO REAL address or phone number I can only leave messages. They didn't show up for christmas. I am broken. She has this thing with her mother, 5 years ago she moved her and the kid out. 3 years ago she moved with the kid. I WAS DONE, then she told me she had canswer (LIE) so I would leave my job and everything behind to come out here and be with her through it all the way. I wanted to be a father again to our daughter.

TODAY - I have no idea were my child is only a nieborhood and a cell phone were i can leave a message. Also, thinking that she is movinng there 370 miles away from home and work with very little prospects in the area at all if I was again to follow her to be close to our daughter. THIS ISNT FAIR OR RIGHT, how can I be a dad when she keeps ripping our familly apart. Her mother has millions to throw at me in court so do I have any hope in this mess. Since were still married can I have her checked out to see if shes crazy and if so can I get the kid and restraining orders against her mothers money. If I start this ( which i want to for my daughter only) were do I start?

Since you're still married with no custody orders in place, you will have to file a petition for custody and the return of your child. You may have to file for divorce or separation as well (not sure).

California has a great self-help website for court info:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/family/

There is also a link for Family Law Facilitators in each county:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/lowcost/helpcourt.htm

However, you will most likely need a lawyer, especially if you can't locate your wife.

You cannot prevent your mother-in-law from helping your wife financially.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back