Who do I sue if Defendant is LLC dba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnstern

I am getting ready to file a case against The Brown Mailbox Store for moving the waist high mailbox that I have rented for over 5 years to ground level and refusing to refund the 6 month payment I had made only 1 week before it was moved. My questions is, what it comes to filling out the Defendant section of the complaint/claim form, what do I put there? I have the business license for this establishment, whose sign reads The Brown Mailbox Store. It shows the following information (the names have been changed to protect the guilty): Business Name - The Brown Mailbox Store. Business Information - Birds Nest Company LLC DBA Bird Watchers. I have also found another DBA online that shows Birds Nest Company DBA Brown Company Mailbox Stores. The business license gives me the name and address of the owner. With all these business names I'm unsure exactly who to sue and how to list the defendent on the complaint/claim form. Do I list the owner? Do I list the Brown Mailbox Store? Do I list Birds Nest Company LLC dba Bird Watchers? Do I list Birds Nest Company DBA Brown Company Mailbox stores? Do I include it all? Please advise exactly how I need to identify the Defendant on the complaint/claim form. The Mailbox Service Agreement I signed 5 years ago is between me and The Brown Mailbox Store. The original owners are gone. They sold to this new guy about a year ago. He is the one that has created this situation. Thank-you for whatever help you can provide.

Last edited:
You sue each and all of them severally.
That forced them all to come to court to answer the suit.
The innocent are induced to finger the guilty (current owners).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back