Where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpharose

I am new to this web site, and I don't even know the right questions to ask. I have been involved in a very heated (is there any other kind) of custody case for going on 3 years now. What I am trying to find out is how do I file motions ect when going pro se? I don't even know where to begin can someone help me please or at least point me in the right direction....thanks

Many family courts have a family law facilitator. I would call and see if yours has one.

Also they should have a self/help law library you can go down to and get all the proper paperwork.

My boyfriend divorced through a mediator, and recently just filed for a change of custody, he did it pro se by using the law library. He served his ex wife and they have a hearing in Dec.

Thank You

Duranie, thank you for your reply, do you know if the process is different from county to county? I live 3 hours away from the court I must use with the custody battle...
I would love to use a mediator, in fact at the last hearing my ex said we would from now on, but I don't see it happpening. How do I find out about a mediatior, it that through the courts also or just a non invested third party?
Thanks again ...Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back