Where do I go from here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLilyZ99

My name is Zoey and I have two little girls, Lily and Carolyna. One is 8 years old and the other is 5 years old. Lily's biological father has not been in the picture since she was a year old. He was deported to the Dominican Republic a few years ago and I have not heared from him since. He as never attemped to make contact with is daughter. My younger daughter Carolyna was consieved through rape so she has no daddy. The reason I am writing is because their step father would like to adopt them as his own. He is in the U.S. Navy and is stationed in Japan at the moment. For the past 7 years he as been doing what a biological father should do. Even though he's in Japan he is very much involved in the girls lives. He not only supports them financial, he also supports them mentally and emotionally. We have been talking about adoption for the past year and a half but we've never had a chance to really look into it. So I was wondering if anyone could point us in the right directions as far as the law is concerned. We have so may questions and we really don't know where to start or who to talk to. If any of you have any advice we would really appreciate it !! ;o) Thanks so much for your help Zoey ;o)

What state are you posting from? Have you googled your state laws on adoption procedures? Also maybe contact an adoption lawyer and see if you can get a free consultation to find out the cost and paperwork involved for your special circumstances and then decide on your plan of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back