When filling out the EEOC intake questionnaire which is the right way

Status
Not open for further replies.

russharv63

My wife was fired for filling out a Virginia workers compensation claim. I am helping her fill out the EEOC intake questionnaire for retaliation. In the questionnaire it asks for the "number of employees in the organization at all locations." The choices are: fewer than 15, 15-100, 101-200, 201-500, or more than 500. She was fired from a fast food franchise. She was fired from one of the franchisee stores. Do we put down "15-100 employees" which would represent the franchisee store or "more than 500 employees" which represents the whole franchise?

Why are you filling out an EEOC form for a workers compensation issue? The proper venue for a claim of being fired for filing a workers comp claim, would be the workers compensation board for your state. The EEOC has nothing to do with workers comp.

Here's a link from the Va. WC Commission: http://www.vwc.state.va.us/portal/vwc-website/FAQs

Can I be fired for filing a workers' compensation claim?
You cannot be fired because you filed a workers' compensation claim nor can a witness be fired. You should consult an attorney if you think you were fired for one of these reasons. These actions are brought in the Circuit Court.

Yes, let's be clear.

I'm not saying she doesn't have a claim to bring. I'm saying that the venue for that claim is not the EEOC.

Oh, I know you weren't. I just posted the link for the OP from the WC Comm. re how to handle if fired due to filing a WC claim. (get an attorney) Agree, you do not go through the EEOC for being fired due to filing a WC claim.

Thanks, Betty, after I read your post I realized that I should clarify for the OP's sake. It's all good. :)

Oh ok - no problem --- like you said all is good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back