When does my landlord need to upload my unit to rerent?

J.Arthur

Jurisdiction
Michigan
So, I broke my lease early. There were bedbugs, and going by the reviews I think the apartment next to me just wasn't treated well enough. My landlady treated them, but wouldn't budge on when or how often when I provided details about my surgery that would make my cooperation impossible. I asked if I could partially compensate her, and long story short, she threw the offer in my face. I posted an ad on craigslist to find a new tenant, and I've gotten a few responses. I vacated my unit on September 2nd ish, and let her know to post the listing a week or so after. She still hasn't for my apartment. Upon me asking why there were no pictures at all and why my unit wasn't listed, let alone a one bed on any site except one, she said that it was because of the "condition that I left my apartment in". There were a few holes in the wall and a couple scratched floorboards, but nothing that would require more than two weeks to reasonably fix and clean, let alone a month. I asked her to even just list my unit with an expected availability, which is definitely something that she has done in the past and something that every landlord does in my area. What should I do? Should I take her to small claims court, or just stop paying rent, or?... I have pictures of the unit if anyone wants to see them, but even if I had just moved out at the end of my lease, she would have listed before the end of my lease as it being available at a certain date. I floated November 1st, but she hasn't texted back.

Back