whats considered a threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aya86

Hi! Well i recently found out that my boyfriend had been texing another women for awhile. We have settled the issue between us and decided to stay together since we have a daughter.My boyfriend and myself have told the other women to leave us alone and she still continues to text him. He left a voicemail on her phone saying" to leave him alone , not to talk about our daughter, that it just got out of hand, and if she didnt leave us alone she would be sorry". So my question is, when he said "to leave us alone or she would be sorry", could that be considered a threat?

It all depends on what one can interpret of what she would be sorry for. If the woman is threatening you or using the voice message as a tool to base a legal case, she does not have much of a case here...

Hi! Well i recently found out that my boyfriend had been texing another women for awhile. We have settled the issue between us and decided to stay together since we have a daughter.My boyfriend and myself have told the other women to leave us alone and she still continues to text him. He left a voicemail on her phone saying" to leave him alone , not to talk about our daughter, that it just got out of hand, and if she didnt leave us alone she would be sorry". So my question is, when he said "to leave us alone or she would be sorry", could that be considered a threat?

It depends on state law. Since you did not indicate your state I will simply add that in California, this message - by itself - would not be a "criminal threat" (a felony). However, if part of a pattern of phone, text, or e-mail harassment, it could be a misdemeanor offense.

Your state's laws might vary.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back