What went wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvonne04

I resigned with a company and gave a 2 weeks notice to accept a higher position with another company. I was told this notice positioned me to be rehired in the future. The new position did not seem to be working out in the beginning. I contacted my previous company to see if they were doing any hiring. I was told they were hiring and they wanted me back. Well, while the rehiring process was put in motion my Director in my new position made some verbal commitments to get me to stay. I stayed and turned down my rehire opportunity. The commitments were never fulfilled. I was called by manager of my previous company and was asked if I would reconsider coming back. I said yes. To me this was an offer. I received a phone call from one of the supervisor at home to confirm the offer. I was told I would be rehired immediately. I went to work on the new job, clean my desk and hauled it to my car while I wait on a call from my previous company with my new schedule. This was an all day wait. I began to get tense and anxious on hearing from them. I had not given a notice to my new job yet and thank God I didn't. Late that after I received a call from the manager of the previous job for rehire that other Supervisors voted against rehiring me. Their reason was because I did not return on the first rehire opportunity. Is this a legal? Was I discriminated against because I made a career decision to stay on in the new position? Did the phone call with the last offer for rehire positioned the company to be obligated? Was I discriminated against because I made a career decision to stay in the new position and decline the first rehire opportunity? Was the company represented by the phone call from the manager to make another rehire offer or by the supervisors that decided not to rehire me back? Something went wrong here. Please tell me what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back