Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Decenber 28 2012, oxnard police department pull over me and boyfriend over. they said they just wanted to know ifhe had a DL. next thing more cops come to tell us they have a search warrent to search our place for herion being sold. they take boyfriend to station cuz suspended lic. i told cop why? he never applied for a DL. They bring me home cuffed never read my rights. My 4kids were all outside w no socks shoes jacket, nothing. my kids ages 11, 7, 6, 2, & 1. They found drugs n money but they laft half the evidence on table. they only searched my bedroom and nothing else. i thought in a raid they go through everuthing. the call cps take my kids n me to jail. come to find out there never had a legal warrent. they lied 100% on the report about how it happend. for one boyfriend does not live w me. The only warrant they gave me was just a notice that they searched my place. the cop printed the judge name. it dont have a name or address. It was signed 12-21-12 n they came 12-28-12. my email is XXXXXXXZZZZ@MMMMMM.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Decenber 28 2012, oxnard police department pull over me and boyfriend over. they said they just wanted to know ifhe had a DL.
They cannot simply fish like that. However, if they had some other reason to believe he was unlicensed the stop would be good - such as recent contact, ran his name and it came back without a license, etc. Of course there may be some other reason for the stop besides what they said to your boyfriend.

next thing more cops come to tell us they have a search warrent to search our place for herion being sold.
Ah! The plot thickens! Apparently they know him already!

they take boyfriend to station cuz suspended lic. i told cop why? he never applied for a DL.
One does not have to apply for a driver's license to have their status suspended.

They bring me home cuffed never read my rights.
They did not need to read you your rights unless you were interrogated and in custody.

My 4kids were all outside w no socks shoes jacket, nothing. my kids ages 11, 7, 6, 2, & 1. They found drugs n money but they laft half the evidence on table.
Soooo ... you were concerned that the kids were outside without jackets and socks, yet you are okay with them being home alone with your drugs ... ????

they only searched my bedroom and nothing else. i thought in a raid they go through everuthing.
They search whatever is covered in the search warrant ... at least they can. They do not HAVE to search anything.

come to find out there never had a legal warrent. they lied 100% on the report about how it happend.
So, in the report, why do they say they made entry to the home? Are you or your boyfriend on probation or parole?

for one boyfriend does not live w me. The only warrant they gave me was just a notice that they searched my place. the cop printed the judge name. it dont have a name or address. It was signed 12-21-12 n they came 12-28-12.
Ah! So they DID have a search warrant!

Understand they do not have to leave a copy of their affidavit and everything at the residence, only a copy of the warrant. If there was no warrant, and you are charged with a crime, you can consult your attorney to see if there is anything that can be done to try and suppress any evidence.

OP (Guest) - you might want to consider removing your e-mail address for your own protection due to trolls/spammers who frequent/troll the forums.

This sounds like a legitimate search for which you may have been deliberately misled. You likely do not know the true reason for the stop. Nothing seems unusual here. It just seems you do not fully understand what has happened.

Decenber 28 2012, oxnard police department pull over me and boyfriend over. they said they just wanted to know ifhe had a DL. next thing more cops come to tell us they have a search warrent to search our place for herion being sold. they take boyfriend to station cuz suspended lic. i told cop why? he never applied for a DL. They bring me home cuffed never read my rights. My 4kids were all outside w no socks shoes jacket, nothing. my kids ages 11, 7, 6, 2, & 1. They found drugs n money but they laft half the evidence on table. they only searched my bedroom and nothing else. i thought in a raid they go through everuthing. the call cps take my kids n me to jail. come to find out there never had a legal warrent. they lied 100% on the report about how it happend. for one boyfriend does not live w me. The only warrant they gave me was just a notice that they searched my place. the cop printed the judge name. it dont have a name or address. It was signed 12-21-12 n they came 12-28-12. my email is XXXXXXXZZZZ@MMMMMM.com

I adjusted YOUR email address to protect your privacy.

What do you do?

Easy, remain calm, and carry on by hiring (or obtaining) an attorney.

Read on, and know that patience and silence are your two best weapons to limit your liability and exposure.

I suggest you plead NOT GUILTY, make no statements or admissions about this or anything else, remain calm, behave appropriately at all times, and HIRE (or ask the court to appoint) a lawyer.

Once you have a lawyer, allow the lawyer to advise you accordingly.

Ask YOUR lawyer, and ONLY your lawyer any questions, and keep your MOUTH closed.

YES, I know you're upset.

YES, I know you feel abused.

YES, I get it, but now you need to get it.

SILENCE is golden.

You have the RIGHT to remain silent.

For YOUR sake, the sake of your children, and to protect your freedom, now is NOT the time to blab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back