what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

My brother had an affair with a married women She had a baby and when she gave birth her and her husband put the baby up for adoption (she and her husband told the adoptive parents they were the parents and they both signed) . It's been 9mos. And she just told my brother about it and said they did it because he (my brother )was the dad. Know my brother want to know if it's his baby and if so him and is wife want the baby . Can they do anything about this, and if so what?

Legally the child was the Husband since it was concieved during the marriage. Now this is a no win for all parties. The adoptive family have likely grown to love child and in fairness this isnt their fault. HOwever your Brother was denied his rights to child if its his. I would uge your Brother to seek out a Lawyer for best advice and any action you might be able to take against Mom and her Husband

And for heavens sake, please encourage your brother to make decisions based on the best interest of the CHILD and not necessarily he and his wife.

Gail

If your brother knew she was pregnant he should have filed a paternity action. By law her husband was the legal father unless your brother legally disputed paternity. There is probably nothing he can do now. Also how is it in the best interest of the child to take the baby away from its parents?

Exactly there are no winners:( The time to act was long before the adoption took place. Can he still take action? Sure he can but again as pointed out how is this in best interest of the child?:confused: Brother needs to decide which is better his wishes desires or the child's best interest? Look into the enviroment and home life of the child. How is he being loved? Would your Brother take happiness and a Family from the child? Like I said there ar eno winners in this and Mom has done a very cruel thing to you and the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back