what to do when I didn't receive a feedback from my husband's lawyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naif

Hi

I would like to know what I should do after to have emailed my husband's lawyer informing her that I was trying to retaining an attorney but I was in need to know if my husband would pay it and all the legal fees (he was the one to file the complaint for divorce) because I am unemployed and without money. Until now I didn't receive any feedback and I sent her 2 emails since January 13, 2014.
I was not served yet with the Complaint. I only received the letter from his lawyer informing that the complaint was filed.
I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Another easy one, Naïf.
Don't contact his lawyer again.
All you need to do is find a lawyer, explain to that lawyer that you want him to represent you, request he file for emergency spousal support, and request him to ask the court to order your husband to pay for it out f the marital estate.

Good luck.

Hi

I would like to know what I should do after to have emailed my husband's lawyer informing her that I was trying to retaining an attorney but I was in need to know if my husband would pay it and all the legal fees (he was the one to file the complaint for divorce) because I am unemployed and without money. Until now I didn't receive any feedback and I sent her 2 emails since January 13, 2014.
I was not served yet with the Complaint. I only received the letter from his lawyer informing that the complaint was filed.
I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

You're going to find that your husband is not obliged to pay your legal fees - at this point.

In other words, you're going to have to pay yourself and see if the court can order reimbursement after everything is all done.

You're going to find that your husband is not obliged to pay your legal fees - at this point.

In other words, you're going to have to pay yourself and see if the court can order reimbursement after everything is all done.

Divorces are never easy, unless both parties can agree to how they divvy up their junk and how much one is going to gift the other one.

They are divorcing, so they aren't inclined to agree, to that much are they?

I've often wondered why a divorce license can't just be purchased as easily as a marriage license can be purchased?

I guess that says something about life, doesn't it?

Things easy to get into are often harder to get out of, so be very careful and THINK HARD, LOOK LONG, and THINK HARDER once more once before you proceed.

Sadly, that flies in the face of human nature doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back